2020 tax filing season has begun!
Appointments can be scheduled evenings and weekends. All appointments are subject to availability.
Home appointments are available!
What to bring:
- Photo ID
- SSN/ITIN verification document
- Completed Tax Organizer (click to download)
- Prior year tax return, required for ongoing businesses, helpful for other returns
- Dependent residency verification, needed for returns claiming dependent credits (school registration record, medical record with address, etc…)
- Power of Attorney, if applicable
- IRS Identity Protection PIN, if applicable
- Forms reporting income (W-2, 1099-R, 1099-Misc, etc…)
- Information and documentation of income not on a tax form (tip records, receipts, invoices, etc…)
- Information and documentation of expenses (Charitable contributions, tax payments, receipts, invoices, etc…)
- Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) or Statement of Property Taxes Payable for MN property tax refund
- Health care coverage info if eligible for Premium Tax Credit
- Letters from the IRS or MN Revenue, if applicable
- Any other document or information you have a question about
- Initial consultation up to 20 minutes is free. So come in to see if you need an amendment.
- Preparation rate is $198/hour. For most people with simple returns this means a cost between $99 and $149, assuming 30-45 minutes of preparation time. Complicated returns can cost significantly more.
- $50 for home appointments within 15 miles of office. $1.50/mile for each extra mile. Mileage is based on driving distance.
Tax preparation fees must be paid before filing with the IRS. I do not take my fee from any potential refund amount.
I charge based on the time it takes to complete a tax return. I do not charge based on which forms are used like many paid tax preparers.
I guarantee that I will prepare an accurate return based on the information provided. If I have made some mistake, I will amend the return for free and pay any penalties or interest that has accrued as a result of my mistake. Clients are responsible to pay all taxes they legally owe. Clients must also provide complete and accurate information; failure by clients to provide complete and accurate information waives my responsibility to pay any penalties or interest.